#CelebrateJDay #EatPlayGive #ExchangeTheWorld #ExchangesImpact
On Monday, August 6, cenet hosted the 5th annual J-Day in Branson. Under the motto “eat play give,” cenet provided a service activity, food, and games.
J-Day festivities began at Ozark Mountain Family YMCA where the J-Day Ambassadors presented for nearly 50 children attending a YMCA summer camp. This camp is provided in large part for local foster children. Cenet selected 14 exceptional participants to serve as our J-Day Ambassadors. The Ambassadors represented the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Turkey, India, Thailand, Russia, and China. The campers learned about world cultures from the J-Day Ambassadors. Mayor Tate (Hollister) provided an introduction and thanked the exchange visitors for volunteering their time in the community.
In the afternoon, cenet welcomed nearly 275 guests to Moonshine Beach to celebrate J-Day. The party included beach games, swimming, dancing, and dinner. Mayor Best (Branson) welcomed the students and thanked them for spending their summer breaks in Branson. She also presented certificates to the J-Day Ambassadors in recognition of their community service. Afternoon attendees also supported Ozarks Food Pantry by donating canned and dry food items.
Special thanks to the following people and groups for supporting J-Day:
- Mayor Tate, Holllister
- Rick Ziegenfuss, City Administrator, Hollister
- Denise Olmstead, Assistant City Administrator, Hollister
- Mayor Best, Branson
- Mike Ussery on behalf of Rep. Long
- John Robinson, Branson Tri-Lakes News
- DJ Christian Guerrero
- Myer Hospitality
- The Tracks Family Fun Park
- Melissa Rangel, Bank of Missouri
- Branson Baptist Church
- Local volunteers: Rick Chastain, Carlos Hernandez, Maricela Melgar, Carla Hernandez, Victor Botica, Vladimir and Erica Don
- Cenet staff: Mercedes Botica, Debra Chastain, Robyn Walker, Tina Schlosser, Sirena Watkins
A photo gallery from Branson J-Day 2018 is included below:
Cenet strives to inspire a safer, more prosperous and compassionate world through international education and cultural Facebook Page.more news and updates about cenet, please visit our