Since 2010, Cenet has provided Culture in the Classroom for area schools and groups. Through this program, Cenet has entered countless local classrooms with international visitors to provide authentic, cultural education.
Although we’ve provided free education for thousands of area students, Cenet began to realize a more effective strategy may be providing cultural experiences for our local educators, as well.
In 2019, Cenet will launch Cultural Classroom. The mission is simple: to inspire cultural competency and create a better quality of life for our community.
Local educators who are selected for Cultural Classroom receive the following:
- Paid trip to the Dominican Republic with Intentional Tours in July 6-13, 2019 (flight, activities, tour guide, accommodation, transportation, and most meals included).
- Pre-Departure Orientation.
- Two workshops on cultural programming.
- Reimbursement of related expenses (up to $400)*
- Access to apply for 2nd year in program // includes trip to Europe.
*Cenet will provide criteria on eligible expenses.
Cultural Classroom eligibility:
- Must be a current teacher in Southeast Missouri.
- Possess at least 2 years of teaching experience.
- Complete the Cultural Classroom application.
- Include one reference letter from a current administrator at your school.
- Must be able to attend pre-departure orientation, the trip to the Dominican Republic, and two post-trip workshops (orientation and workshops will take place in Cape Girardeau).
- Must implement at least 10 hours of intercultural education in your classroom (this can be woven into existing curriculum and workshops will assist in this planning).
- Application must be emailed to email@example.com by January 18, 2019.
If you are interested in the program, please submit an application by January 18, 2019. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be submitted to email@example.com.
Flyer, Information, and Application:
To learn more about Intentional Tours, please visit: http://www.intentionaltours.world/
Cenet strives to inspire a safer, more prosperous and compassionate world through international education and cultural Facebook Page.more news and updates about cenet, please visit our